The Department of Computer Science was established in the year 2005 with dedicated, well–qualified faculty, technical staff and students. The Department is committed to be an international, multi-disciplinary centre of excellence in Computer Science through education and research. The Department offers the programmes M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Computer Science The Department is known for its discipline and for the importance it gives to the overall development of students in nurturing them towards becoming good software professionals and research scientists.
- Salient Features
The Programme on Computer Science equips students with comprehensive skills on Computer Software, Hardware, Databases, Security, Cloud Computing and Networks both at the conceptual and application levels. The Department is actively involved in various Academic and Research activities. It has undertaken many research projects sanctioned by various funding agencies and many fellowships for outstanding Ph.D. scholars from INSPIRE, RGNF and URF. The Department has demonstrated its significant potential for excellent research through high quality scholarly publications in more number of peer-reviewed Journals.
- Thrust Areas
● Data Mining
● Cloud Computing
● Speech Recognition
● Bio Informatics
● Image Processing
● Wireless Networks
● Internet of Things
● Grid Computing
- Department publishes a bi-annual free open access journal, the International Journal of Scientific Research in Computing (IJSRC), which publishes articles by contributing new repercussions in selected areas of computing and interdisciplinary research.
- RUSA Phase - I project implemented at Bharathiar University campus for Rs.20 crore.
- Coordinated the development and successful implementation of:
- Online ERP solutions for PG, M.Phil, Ph.D admission, Hostel Management and Financial activities of Bharathiar University.
- Online examination and evaluation system for University Departments, Affiliated Colleges of Bharathiar University and School of Distance Education examination.
- Software for submission of semester examination applications online for University Department students.
- Online selection of supportive subjects for University Department students.
- Implemented CET examination system for M.Phil and Ph.D entrance examination.
- Implemented Hospital Management System for Bharathiar University hospital.