The central instrumentation centre is functioning in the recently constructed state of the art building with two floors with an approximate area of 36000 sq. ft. The major and common research facilities are/ will be housed which will cater the research needs of researchers of Bharathiar University and affiliated institutions and other researchers across the country.
Presently the major equipment facilities procured through DST-PURSE (Phase-II) grants are being housed at Central Instrumentation Centre.
The following facilities are established at this centre and available for research use.
- Multiprobe Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer (400 MHz)
- Genetic analyzer 8 capillary – Sanger DNA Sequencer
The following facilities will be established soon at this centre
- Liquid Chromatograph – MS – MS
- HR – Transmission Electron Microscope (200 kV)
- Laser scanning advance confocal microscope multiphoton.
The facilities available facilities are mapped in the portal of the “Indian Science Technology and Engineering Facilities Map (I-STEM): The I-Stem facilitate web access to the scientific community with available resources in various organizations across the country in a transparent and systematic manner.
The coordinator central instrumentation centre, as an Institution representative for I-Stem activities of Bharathiar University, will update and maintain institution profile, registration of Equipment, Updation of equipment information, Equipment User Fee, Equipment Calendar, Customize Service Request form, and to create other Department Representative, Facility Coordinator, etc. in the I-Stem Portal.
With the support of grants under DST-PURSE (Phase-II), three events were organized at CIC.
- Two days Hands-on training for experimental liquid state NMR
- Two days Hands-on Training Program on DNA Sequencing Facility
- Awareness of I-STEM portal for Use of the R & D resources
The users can book the facilities through https://www.istem.gov.in/ also.