The Department was established in the year 2008. The mission of the department is to impart its students a thorough knowledge about the exciting field of electronic science and technology. The department also aims at creating an efficient interface between academia and industry. Initially the department started with three faculties. Presently, there are one Associate Professor and four Assistant Professor including one UGC-FRP. The faculty members carry out research in many frontier areas, which includes Antennas
and microwaves, Biomedical instrumentation, Embedded systems, Image and signal processing, MEMS/NEMS, Nanoelectronics and VLSI system design. Faculty members and students have been recognised by National/International agencies in terms of awards and fellowships.
In 1993 it was established as the University Science and Instrumentation Centre (USIC). In 2008 it was renamed and Elevated as Department of Electronics and Instrumentation. Department comes under the School of Physical Science and offers both academic and research programs (M.Sc., M.Phil., and Ph.D). Also it caters the needs of various science departments of the university by providing Mechanical Workshop Facilities. The department offers the following programs,
1. M.Sc., Electronics and Instrumentation - 30 students
2. M.Phil., Electronics and Instrumentation Full time & Part time
3. Ph.D., Electronics and Instrumentation Full time & Part time
The Department organizes hands on training program and Industrial Visit (IV) every year for the students. The Department also organizes Seminars and conferences with special lecturers by eminent professors.
- Salient Features
- Experienced Faculty
- Enriched Laboratory facility for P.G program
- Specialized courses related to industrial perspective
- Information Communication and Technologies (ICT) Enabled Teaching
- Regular conduction of National & International Seminars/Conferences/Workshops
- Periodic upgradation of Curriculum according to the needs
- Department follows CBCS pattern as per the UGC norms.
- Students seminar, Assignments and Continuous Assessment Tests are part of the curriculum
- Strict adherence to the academic calendar
- Thrust Areas
The major research areas of the Department are,
- Embedded systems
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Microwaves and Antennas Signal
- Image processing
- VLSI systems.
Research outcomes are published in peer reviewed international journals and conferences.
- 1993-Year of establishment-USIC.
- 2008-Renamed and Elevated as Department of Electronics and Instrumentation. The department offers both academic and research programs M.Sc., M.Phil., and Ph.D.,
- 2022 - Coordinating Department - B.Sc., MANUFACTURING SCIENCE course for the Employees of TATA Electronics Private Limited (TEPL), Hosur through Centre for University and Industry Collaboration.
- 2020 -Department offers the Certificate courses - DSP Using MATLAB & Embedded System Design Using ARM/Cortex Microcontroller Approved by UGC under the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF)